Saturday, August 11, 2007

Beppu May

Flat Stanley


As part of a 2nd grade school project, Flat Stanley came to visit me in Japan. I took him around Beppu, out for sushi, to taiko practice, and introduced him to my students. I then sent him on to Australia to visit Glenda and Dennis.




Hit Parade

We discovered smorgasbord of entertainment all in one place in downtown Beppu called Hit Parade. You pay one price (3000yen/i.e.$30) for all you can eat, drink, karaoke, and live entertainment. The main attraction is the live entertainment which is a 50's/60's cover band which had everyone up and dancing. One of Beppu's best kept secrets!




Birthday


After wondering where everyone was for my first period class, the students all came in at once singing Happy Birthday and presented me with flowers!

No comments: